Wednesday, December 31, 2008

From Penang with love

I always loved Penang. The food, the journey there, the city with a beach that is easily accessible and other stuff. This is the 3rd time going up to Penang in 2008 and I was given a goodbye treat in the form of diarrhoea, vomitting and fever. Still wondering what I ate that was the cause. Could it be... this?Perhaps the saliva of the aunty frying it (in Lorong Selamat) with full emotions as she starts scolding people who kept bugging her about their orders contaminated it? Nah... it just looks and tastes too good to be the culprit.

Maybe it's the cheap seafood here? Nah... I've never had a more fresh and reasonable seafood meal. A must-visit for subsequent Penang food trips (if I've gotten over the trauma of food poisoning).

...Or it could be the pasembor, otak-otak, o jian and other objects of gluttony found in Gurney Drive. (Reminds myself to stop drooling)Conclusion: I think it was a combination of all these. And the tiredness and dehydration due to volleyball playing along stone feringghi.

No comments: