Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Guardian

Since everybody's blog is in a festive mood, I might as well join the pack and talk about CNY. This year I've been entrusted with the one-in-a-million opportunity to be the jaga of the Lee Mansion in Pandan Perdana while they are back in their hometown.

Initially I thought it'll be cool and there's nothing to be afraid of (I'm man enough to take care of a house rite?) until my mom started talking about it to my uncles and aunties during a "pai nin" session. Things got worse when my aunty started to add in some juicy stories about the many burglaries and robberies that were happening around KL. As if she was a CNN newscaster, she went on and on telling one story after another: "Neh... just the other day mah, one of the houses in front, the man got robbed off his Rolex watch and a few thousand ringgit" "This house also, burglars came in through the roof and ransacked the rooms, they left a parang on the bed some more." (She is just a typical aunty who seemed to have a postgraduate in robbery/burglary/theft stories. I liked her though, she always made CNY more interesting, but this time, the stories lingered in my mind as I was home alone in the Lee mansion on the third day - Had Tim/Kah with me the first 2 days)

It also doesn't help to have such nice friends like these (I understand your concern though... haha):

LionHeart says:

Yeah im the latest resident of pandan perdana... do a huge welcome party
*********** says:
u staying in pandan perdana now?
*********** says:
alone or what?
LionHeart says:
haha yeah
LionHeart says:
why? wanna yum cha?
*********** says:
not SCARED ar?
LionHeart says:
dont rub it in
*********** says:
no, SERIOUSLY?!
LionHeart says:
hahaha (clearly a chickening out reply)

Living in a whole house by yourself is quite scary. I went on to have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) on whether I've locked the doors, activated the alarm etc. for quite a while before I can sleep, thanks to the above contributing factors. My only comfort seemed to be in the form of "Woofie", err "Woofy" (ok, I dunno the spelling) knowing that she'll bark at the sight of strangers lurking around. No wonder they say that the dog is a man's best friend. Not even my homo sapien friends/acquaintances can compare to it when I'm in the time of need.
Woofie, you're the best. Seriously serious.



I did enjoy my short stint in the Lee mansion though! The happier CNY postings are in incogneeto's and racont3ur's pages.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

kacang lupakan kulit la.. woofy ur best fren la.. fine fine!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr Wong,

Thank you for being part of the Lee Alta Torre Que Domina El Lejano security team led by yourself on the nights of 25, 26 and 27 of January 2009.

We have noted your three nights of faithful service, and commend you for your steadfastness and bravery in the face of abandonment by your team.

Again, thank you very much, and have a pleasant day!

Yours faithfully,
Kevin Vinke
Interim Manager,
Lee Alta Torre Que Domina El Lejano

P.S. Please note the proper name of the building, i.e., ‘Lee Alta Torre Que Domina El Lejano’ (Lee High Tower That Dominates The Far) and not ‘Lee Mansion’.

-ard said...

Dear Señor Vinke,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the inappropriate name given as I didn't really notice anything Spanish about your tower at all.

Thank you for the kind words that were showered on me. I think that it'll be good for you to extend your gratitude to Señor Incogneeto also in case he accuses me of being "a nut forgetting it's shell" again. Although he seems fine with it (He emphasized it two times); but you'll never know.

Lastly, such bravery displayed by a noble gentleman like me surely deserves something more than a complimentary 'comment of appreciation' by the owners of the tower. Please convey my best wishes to them too.

It's been a great time working with you & thank you for loaning your Lee Mobil (I hope it doesn't have another name) to me.

Yours Sincerely,
Richard Wong
The Guardian

elsalimin said...

SEE SEEE!!! YOU HAVE OCD TOOOOOOO!!!!!yay!!! :) keep it up!!!

-ard said...

It only comes during times of great fear and abandonment. So I've not officially joined the "OCD Anonymous" Club yet. Don't be overjoyed... haha

Christine said...

hey... that conversation sounds FAMILIAR haahahaha XD